The Dreaded Mailing List

Between the holidays and a very busy new year, I've found little time to blog. I'm going to use this post to help myself work through a personal hurdle. Everyone says an author must have a mailing list and an associated periodic newsletter. What makes having a mailing list a must? Readers are a valuable commodity, and a mailing list lets you keep track of your readers so you never lose contact with of any of them. This makes sense to me, and I do save all my readers' e-mail addresses.

The newsletter part of the equation is where I stumble and procrastinate. I can't convince myself that people would be interested in receiving e-mail updates from me. I've struggled with this for a while, and have finally come up with an idea that may instigate me into taking action. For 2016, I'm setting a goal of creating and sending a newsletter that contains a portion of my epic fantasy work-in-progress Warlock & Wyrm. Previously, I've posted my work-in-progress on Wattpad and Saturday Scenes (on Google+), so I thought why not give the people who are actually interested in my story a sneak preview, and an opportunity to influence the final product with their feedback?

In addition to an advance reading of Book III of The Oxbow Kingdom Trilogy, I'll also offer free copies of my first two books (Crimson & Cream and Mirrors & Mist) for anyone who signs up to my mailing list. So how does one sign up to this dreaded list? Just add your e-mail to the space in the column to the left where it says "Follow by Email." > > > > > >

If you sign up for my mailing list, I promise to:
  • Never sell or share the list with others.
  • Never, ever send spam.
  • Only send email for my blog and newsletters.
Author Update:  I'm  finishing the first draft of Warlock & Wyrm, Book III of The Oxbow Kingdom Trilogy and recently passed the 94,000 word mark. The end of the beginning is in sight!

Comments